The performance-based Red Hat Certified Specialist in Virtualization exam (EX318) tests your ability to create, deploy, and manage Linux® virtual machines using Red Hat® Virtualization Manager.
This exam is based on Red Hat Virtualization 4.1.
- Classroom exam
- On-site exam
How will you train/test?
- Classroom exam
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, these exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance. You should be able to perform these tasks:
- Install Red Hat Virtualization Manager and Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor
- Install Red Hat Virtualization Manager and any dependencies.
- Configure Red Hat Virtualization Manager to authenticate against an external IPA service.
- Install Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor.
- Add one or more Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor instances to Red Hat Virtualization Manager.
- Manage storage
- Configure storage domains.
- Import installation media into a storage domain.
- Create and manage datacenters and clusters.
- Create and manage virtual machines
- Install virtual machines.
- Start and stop virtual machines.
- Edit virtual machine hardware characteristics.
- Configure automatic migration for virtual machines.
- Work with virtual machine images
- Create snapshots.
- Create virtual machines from snapshots.
- Import existing virtual machine images into Red Hat Virtualization Manager.
- Create and manage Red Hat Virtualization Manager users
- Create internal users.
- Create external users.
- Configure roles and assign users to those roles.
- Configure access using roles.
- Automatically deploy virtual machines
- Create virtual machine templates.
- Deploy virtual machines using templates.
- Configure virtual machines using cloud-init.
- Work with logical networks
- Create logical networks.
- Assign hosts to logical networks.
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.